17 January, 2006

Tomato Soup & Malaysian Noodles

A few Sundays back, I was sick - really sick. But I had spent that week thinking I would cook on the weekend and I didn't want anything to stop me. So I decided to cook something which would help me relieve my cold. Lucky me, as I was thinking Mr. Sanjeev Kapoor had already made my life easy, my giving a lovely soup recipe on that Sunday Mid-Day's edition.

tomato&basil soup + noodlesTomato & Basil Soup
This soup is an excellent choice for somebody who loves tomato soups. The extra essence of the basil and other ingredients make it very tasty. Just a bit of warning: This ain't a very simple soup to make. Lots of effort went into grinding the ingredients and give it that rich taste. But trust me worth the efforts, after all - Mom appreciated the soup very much. And let's not forget without her I am a lost soul in the kitchen. Thanks Mom!

Malaysian style noodles
I'll be honest, I dived into this one for only the egg pieces which I think were the only highlight of the noodles. I don't know, maybe I didn't do it right, but it turned out quite bland and kind of dry also. But what I mixed some Maggi Chilly sauce and it became a bit tastier. Top it all, not my choice, I like my noodles to be nice & juicy with some gravy in them. Share a recipe if you have something.

2 comments:

anumita said...

I just love your pics! They make everything so droolworthy! I like the look of the noodles too.

Unknown said...

That's the whole idea. Food, unless it does not look exciting you don't want to have it. So here it is. Hope to give you some more... soon.